Please click images for links to a few of my favorite things, or proceed below for my writing.

reverse of volume - onishi yasuaki

butterflies, rafael aroujo

Rockefeller Center NYC - Mina Hu

reverse of volume - onishi yasuaki

mina vesper gokal

NicktoLee/Banksy

NicktoLee/Banksy

2/19/10

Matchbook.



Windchimes flash through my mind inside
the space where memories once were stored.

Looking for light in the darkness is something like
the sound of rain.  Words touch the page and
prove that I am living.  Yet if I imagine a Reader,
I imagine the Reader must Imagine Me.

Belonging - books on a bookshelf, lamp on
a bedside table.  These may be the letters

                         'N' 

'W'                                           'E'

                         'S'

      bringing news of orientation.

Dust on a desk sounds like shards of broken
glass.
I enter my apartment and wonder what others
would think, if they entered, in my absence.

I wonder
what the inanimate
would say.

Could they imagine me here the way
a reader might imagine a grandmother
at a stove?
Would they know the silence,
or how I sat as still as stone?

Where is the lampost
when a path finds itself
off course?
Who would know a forest
in the middle of a city?

What is the true meaning of
-deserted-?

And what do we cling to
when we're not quite sure
which way is up?

The sea rushes in and floods my thoughts.
Salt is dripping slowly down my cheeks,
and I can taste the flavor of my
sight.

A smile is like a sun that rises
from the night.

In the mean time,

I watch the shadows swish accross the empty page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send Mina Vesper Gokal a private comment? No comments will be posted for public viewing. Thank you.